Neighborhood Block Watch
The Neighborhood Block Watch program is neighbors looking out for one another, working with the police, and sending the message to potential criminals that they are being watched for suspicious and criminal activity. By using Citizen participation the police are able to reduce residential burglaries as well as other crimes.
The program is actively searching for new members to join the Block Watch movement and help us to achieve that goal.
- If you are interested in joining a block watch group, or starting one yourself, contact the Lake Forest Park Police Department Block Watch Coordinator at 206-364-8216 to discuss the program.
Do It Yourself Crime Prevention Packet
Prevent your family from being victims of crime with a packet with tips and advice on alarm systems, child safety, identity theft, how you can prevent your home or car from being broken into, and much more.
Do-It-Yourself Crime Prevention
Vacation House Check
The Lake Forest Park Police Department offers a Vacation House Check service while you are out of town. The program is designed to give a little more peace of mind while you travel.
Download the form here (or below), complete and return by email, regular mail (17425 Ballinger Way NE, Lake Forest Park 98155), fax (206) 361-8156, or drop it by the Police Department. A vacation house check involves the crime watch unit going to your residence, walking around the perimeter, looking for signs of unlawful entry, foul play, unlocked doors or windows, or anything else that may be wrong. It is more than an extra patrol in which officers are made aware you have left town, and they drive by your home during their routine patrols.
In order to provide this service in as efficient and safe manner possible the following guidelines are in place.
- We will not do walk-around checks on homes that have house sitters staying at them. We will give the house extra patrol, but it is unsafe for our officers and your guests for us to be walking around your home. Have someone who is taking care of your animals and/or plants on a drop-by basis.
- We will only check residential properties, not business properties.
- We will only check residential properties if you live there, we will not check vacant houses, other than to provide them extra patrol.
While you are on vacation don’t forget to:
- Stop your mail
- Stop your newspapers
- Let your neighbors know where you will be, how long you’ll be gone, and how to contact someone in case of an emergency.
- Leave a light and radio or television on a timer.
- Lock your doors and windows.
Download: Vacation House Check Form